Study Submission Process
Learn more about the study submission process and the information you will need to provide
Study Upload Process
To begin using WeSearchTogether, you need to obtain IRB approval to use the site as a participant recruitment tool. See template (PDF). Once you have received IRB approval, create a researcher account. Once you create your account, you will be directed a page where you can begin uploading your study information.
Once you have submitted your study, WeSearchTogether’s team will review it for:
- adequate IRB approval
- sound and ethical research methodology
- appropriate inclusion and exclusion criteria
- understandable from a lay person’s perspective
- clear and appropriate language
- worthwhile/contribute to the knowledge base from the perspective of people living with mood disorders
- respect potential participants as partners in the research process
WeSearchTogether will contact you if any changes need to be made to the study submission before it will be approved. The approval process usually takes no more than 48 hours. Once the study is approved, it will appear on the WeSearchTogether website for potential participants to view.
If you need to make any changes to your study once it is approved, you can login to your account. Once you are logged in, click on “Manage All Studies” and select the edit icon on the study you would like to update. *Please note that WeSearchTogether will have to review all updates made to the study before it will be reposted to the website.
After your study has been approved, you will receive an email every 3 months with a link to complete a brief survey. Your feedback provides us with invaluable information we need to ensure that WeSearchTogether is an effective and sustainable recruitment tool for you. Completion this survey is mandatory for continued use of the site.
Information you will be asked to provide when uploading your study
After you have received IRB approval to use WeSearchTogether, you can begin uploading your study onto the site. When you are ready to upload your study, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Study Abstract
- Layman’s study description. Please describe your study in plain language that could be understood by the general public. Lay descriptions should include the study's goal(s), activities (interview, brain scan, etc.) and potential contribution to people living with mental health conditions or their care.
- Study Protocol, including what activities participants engage in during the study. Include number of visits, if any.
- Study Site. Include what institution is conducting the study. Please include the address, city and state of the site participants will be going to. Include collaborators if applicable.
- IRB Approval number and document